Welcome to FAM's 31st Annual Hunger Walk! Registration is now closed, but there is still time to donate!
Lace up your walking shoes and join us as we walk to end hunger in south Orange County on October 21st, 2018. Six hundred (600) walkers join in each year to create awareness of and raise funds for our hungry neighbors.
Join us for the 31st Annual Hunger Walk, a fun community event!
FAM’s Board of Directors and staff invite you, your family, friends and co-workers to participate in the Hunger Walk by signing up to walk and fundraise, becoming an official sponsor or making a donation.
We know you share our concern for hungry neighbors in our s outh Orange County community. The Annual FAM Hunger Walk fundraiser is a fun walk beginning and ending at the San Clemente Community Center. The FAM Board of Directors and staff invite you to participate in the Walk by signing up and helping us raise money, becoming an official sponsor or making a donation.
Did You Know?
People often are surprised to discover that even in affluent South Orange County, hunger is a very real issue for many:
- 95% of those FAM serves are people trying not to become homeless
- Last year, FAM 1.5 million meals were provided to hungry and poor neighbors. Another 4,908 meals fed hungry people through FAM's Thanksgiving programs
- 13,314 people received food, work force development and housing stability assistance
- Nearly 46% of those we help are children
- 15% of FAM’s clients are seniors
- FAM offers a full housing continuum thru emergency/interim/transitional housing, Rapid Rehousing and Permanent Supportive Housing
- FAM uses the Housing First model
Check In: 12:30 p.m.
Team or Individual Photos: 12:30 p.m.
Announcements: 1:50 p.m.
Walk Begins: 2 p.m.
Location: San Clemente Community Center
Address: 100 North Calle Seville, San Clemente, CA 92672