Registration is now closed, but you can still make a donation!
We know you share our concern for hungry neighbors in our South Orange County community. The Annual FAM Hunger Walk fundraiser is a fun walk, beginning and ending at the San Clemente Community Center. The FAM Board of Directors and staff invite you to participate in our Walk by signing up and helping us raise money, becoming an official sponsor or making a donation.
Did You Know?
It often surprises people to know that even in affluent South Orange County, hunger is a very real issue for many:
- Currently FAM provides food to an average of 4,868 encounters with people requesting food each month.
- Last year, FAM redistributed 874,930 meals to hungry neighbors.
- Nearly 46% of those we help are children. (1 in 5 children are food insecure)
- Last year, FAM distributed more than $179,600 in assistance in the form of rent, utilities, transportation, medical and prescriptions, work force development, shelter and more to prevent hunger and homelessness.
- FAM's Interim/Transitional Shelter, Gilchrist House, sheltered 93 homeless women and children.
- 56 homeless people were assisted into permanent housing through FAM's Rapid Rehousing Program.
- In March FAMily House opened as the only south Orange County shelter housing homeless to include dads. Within 4 months 62 homeless including 39 children have found safe shelter preparing to launch to their own permanent housing.
Beginning at: 12:30 p.m.
Location: San Clemente Community Center
Address: 100 North Calle Seville, San Clemente, CA 92672