Volunteers are the hands and feet in FAM’s mission to prevent hunger and homelessness. We could not accomplish what we do—helping to provide countless of meals, services, housing—without you! Volunteer once a week, once a month or once in a while.
Because of our satellite locations, we also have opportunities in San Juan and Dana Point.
Volunteers can also form groups from their places of work, school or faith community. We love to see groups unite and help prevent hunger and homelessness!
Whether you volunteer once or weekly, whether you’re alone or leading a team from your office, FAM relies on its amazing volunteers!
Download Application Liability & Confidentiality Agreement
Please download and complete both the Volunteer Application and the Liability & Confidentiality Agreement and return to the FAM Administrative Office at 1030 Calle Negocio, San Clemente, CA 92673.
Here is a summary of current volunteer opportunities:
Organize a food drive
- Collecting food from donors/stores
- Form a team and fundraise for our annual Hunger Walk
- Serve at special events at Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter
- “Adopt-A-FAMily” for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or year round
- Answering phones
- Clerical Duties
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Sorting Food
- Stocking shelves and refrigerators
- Packing Bags
- Distributing Food
- Teach a special skills class
- Maintenance and repair work
- Tutor a client or child
- Lead a spiritual class/discussion
Office and warehouse volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer without an adult. Youth may volunteer when accompanied by an adult. All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes.